ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 - Review
I FINALLY have a new phone! Yay! So, I had been meaning to buy a new phone with a good camera since the past couple of months. For a person, who loves photography, a high resolution phone camera is a must-have! A front camera & a flash - the 2 essential features were missing in my earlier handset. It was time for change!
Gadget sites, opinions from friends, reviews from E-commerce sites were all considered. Then I finally made the decision around Christmas last year - I'm the proud owner of an ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 now & totally loving it! The phone has classy features of a high end smartphone in line with ASUS's endeavor to "empower luxury to everyone".
So, in case you're looking at changing your phone & considering which one to buy, this article will help you decide :)
Some of the features of the Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 are:
- Camera- The ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 delivers superb high-definition (HD) 1280 x 720-pixel resolution. With a 5 MP front camera and a 13 MP rear camera with laser- assisted auto-focus, it allows consumers to lock the focus on an object in as low as 0.3 seconds.
- Storage- The phone is powered by Android 5.0 Lollipop and offers 16GB of expandable storage in addition to 5GB of ASUS web storage for a lifetime.
- With 3000 mAh Li-Polymer removable battery, the phone boasts of dual microphone with noise cancellation for the best phone call quality, and full HD video recording 1080p@30fps capture with video stabilization and one-touch still-capture facility.
- The phone comes with Anti-Scratch Corning Gorilla Glass 4 which has a better scratch resistance than most other smart phones in the market.
- Some other features- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE , Qualcomm 64-bit Quad Core Processor Snapdragon 410 , Glove Touch technology etc.
What I loved about the phone-
- Look- It's only 3.9 mm thin & the curvature fits into a palm brilliantly. Though a little difficult to navigate due to its size, the phone offers a double tap feature to wake up the screen without pressing on the home button.
- Color - I own the golden one! It comes in several interesting colors like ceramic white, pure black, glamor red
- Display - Crystal clear. With a 72% screen to body ratio, it gives a brilliant viewing experience
- Easy interface - One of the best ! Right from setting up the phone to understanding each feature, the Asus support beats all the others.
- Battery- It can last as long as 18 hours if set to the optimum performance.
- CAMERA!!! Filters, LED flash, front camera, macro photos, Laser auto focus, you say it & the phone has it. What's cooler is you can create GIFs, Time Lapse, miniatures & other interesting stuff too! It's a dream for a photography freak like me!
ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser is a quality phone offering some of the best features from the smartphone market.
The phone is priced at INR 9999 (2GB), making it a steal. While most Android smartphones are competing in the INR 10000+ segment, ASUS has carved out a niche for itself in offering good quality phones in the less expensive category.
My rating for the Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 is 4.5/5.