Healthy Eating. Healthy Living.
Chopped red & yellow bell peppers, crunchy sprouts & lettuce, some soft boiled corn spiked with a dash of lime & honey. Now doesn't that sound yummy? Trust me it is. It’s not only tasty but also enriched with good vitamins, minerals & iron. The importance of eating nutritious healthy food has been stressed on since years now by our family, nutritionists, skin experts & medical practitioners. Whether you’re trying to lose weight, get in shape or just live a healthier life, eating healthy provides a variety of benefits.
- Increased productivity & energy as a healthy diet provides the much needed fuel to the brain which keeps it active & alert.
- Reduced stress levels as certain food items have the ability to moderate our body’s level of cortisol, the stress hormone. Foods packed with vitamin C, omega-3 fatty acids and magnesium help reduce cortisol levels.
- You'll be happier as mood boosters present in certain foods like banana act as antidepressants.
- Weight control- Yes! Its true. Healthy food choices can help you shed those extra kilos. Replacing soft drinks with water & avoiding snacking on sugary snacks works..
- Longer life- A healthy diet plays an important role in determining your life expectancy.
Eating a diet rich in vegetables reduces the risk for stroke, cancer, heart diseases and type-2 diabetes.
Honey too is deemed as a top health food across the globe. Honey, contains a special enzyme that the bees add to it while the liquid is being made & retains nutrients which are lost in the case of sugar while being manufactured. The health properties of honey are many which include :
- Aids in weight loss
- Acts as a natural sweetener
- Powerhouse of energy
- Aids Digestion
- Increases immunity against colds & coughs
- Cleanses the system for a glowing skin
A honey diet is gradually gaining popularity due to its natural quality. You can read more about this on http://www.daburhoney.com/
|Immense Health benefits of Honey|
It’s important to note that maintaining a healthy lifestyle while trying to lose weight is very important. A crash diet is not a good weight loss solution, as it carries a number of health risks, needless to mention you're almost guaranteed to gain back all the weight you lost once you go off the diet.
These diets shock the body, sending it into a starvation mode. The rapid weight loss which is experienced is not actually so, as the body is losing its stored supply of the carbohydrate glycogen & not the fat. As your body burns glycogen, you lose water as well, making it seem as though you're losing a lot of weight. Crash diets also make the person moody, lethargic & irritable as the body does not get its required quantity of oxygen, vitamins & other nutrition & goes into a shock mode.
|The Food Pyramid|
Now compare this to a situation when you’re having fresh fruits, vegetables, juices, nuts & leafy greens. You’ll be much happier on a full stomach definitely!
(Image Source: www.taste-istria.com, www.jpfarley.com & www.perutnina.com)